6 Reasons Why You Should Check Your Blood Pressure
The human heart is a central organ that is designed specifically to work around the clock throughout your entire lifetime. When you go to the doctor it is normal procedure to get your blood pressure checked. Basically blood pressure is the force that the heart pumps blood throughout the body. The blood pressure reading has two numbers, the systolic blood pressure and the diastolic pressure. High blood pressure is considered any number more than 140/90.
Why Should you Monitor your Blood Pressure?
Blood pressure rises and falls throughout the day depending on activity levels and a variety of other reasons. High blood pressure is generally diagnosed if the blood pressure levels are high on three separate occasions. Patients who have been diagnosed with high blood pressure should have it checked every two to four weeks, while others should have their blood pressure checked every 3 months. There are several reasons why you should have your blood pressure check on a regular basis, including the list below.
- Hypertension is Rampant – High blood pressure, or hypertension, claims more than 7.1 million lives every year. Many patients who have been diagnosed with high blood pressure don’t seek treatment or take prescription medication because they generally feel good.
- Rarely any Symptoms – Due to the lack of symptoms, many patients go un-checked which is why hypertension is known as the silent killer. There are subtle symptoms that go unrecognized such as blurry vision, persistent headache and heart palpitations. These three symptoms can also be attributed to stress, which is what most people think, instead of considering high blood pressure to be the culprit.
- Blood Pressure is Measured Easily – There is no reason to avoid getting your blood pressure checked. It is painless and takes no more than two minutes. You can get it checked at a doctor’s office, local pharmacy, fire station house or even purchase your own blood pressure machine and take it yourself.
- Dangers of Uncontrolled Blood Pressure – Uncontrolled blood pressure can be life threatening. During a long duration of suffering with hypertension, the blood vessels get damaged and can lead to stroke. In addition, the arteries of the brain can get blocked or burst, cutting off blood supply. Uncontrolled high blood pressure can also have a negative impact on the blood vessels of the kidneys, heart and penis.
- Hypertension is Easily Treated – Just because you were diagnosed with high blood pressure doesn’t mean you have been handed a death sentence. High blood pressure is actually easily treated. First doctors generally recommend life style changes such as a healthy diet, low-salt foods, regular exercise, reducing alcohol intake and quit smoking. If these life style changes do not maintain healthy blood pressure, prescription drugs are often the next step.
- Some Risk Factors Cannot be Prevented – Family history and increasing age are factors that are unavoidable. Unfortunately there isn’t much that can be done regarding prevention when high blood pressure stems from these two risk factors. However, medication and a healthy lifestyle can help maintain healthy blood pressure levels.
Hypertension patients who do take prescription medication often realize the side effects very quickly. Side effects include dizziness, frequent urination and diarrhea. Not everyone experiences the side effects, but those who do often complain that it interrupts their daily life. This causes many patients to avoid taking the medication and seek alternative measures to help lower blood pressure.
Natural Blood Pressure Treatment
One of the go-to alternatives are natural supplements, PD120 to be exact. This natural blood pressure supplement helps maintain healthy blood pressure levels and has no side effects. It is also known to improve energy, strength, libido, and motivation.
If you are one of the patients who are experiencing negative side effects from medication, speak to your doctor about PD120. Have your doctor visit the website pressuredown120.com or bring along a bottle to your next doctor visit. It’s important that your doctor review the possibility and determine that it is beneficial for your specific situation.
Checking your blood pressure on a regular basis is essential for maintaining good health. Long-term high blood pressure can cause damage to your body and lead to heart attack, stroke or death. It is important to stabilize blood pressure. Some patients are scared or have fear of doctors, while others simply don’t want to know if they have high blood pressure or not. If you are one of these people, take your blood pressure yourself.
You can purchase a portable, digital blood pressure machine at your local pharmacy and take your blood pressure regularly in the comfort of your own home. If your readings are more than 140/90 on several occasions or on a consistent basis, you will want to consult with a physician. You can prolong your life by monitoring your blood pressure and taking measures to lower it.